Getting started with Google Maps plugin
Most widespread reasons for plugin non-working
If you have some problem with our Supsystic plugins – plugin is not working at all or partially – please, take into account the most common causes of plugin-crashing.
We are always trying to help our users as soon as it possible. But we can’t control the other developers. Therefore bad code of other plugins or templates can provoke a lot of problems. We can help you more faster if you’ll try to analyze and describe the problem in more details.
For this, follow the next suggestions. Read more..
Google Maps Easy Widget?
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets in the WordPress navigation menu.
- Find the Google Maps Easy in the list of available widgets.
- Drag the Google Maps Easy widget to widget area, which you need.
- Choose the map for widget and configure the settings - Widget Map width and height.
- Click "Save".
Generate Google Maps API Key
Your map suddenly stopped working and you get the following error?
Oops! Something went wrong.
Please check you browser console, if you'll see such error:
This site has exceeded its daily quota for maps.
– the problem is connected with new update of Google Maps APIs Standard Plan. Now it has certain restrictions. Despite the fact we have already added Google API key for our Google Maps Easy plugin, since the large number of plugin users, we can simply exceed limits of map loads per day, therefore you may encounter with this problem. So, to avoid this problem, we've added the option to use your own Google API key. You can find this option on Settings tab.
To create you own API key - check this article
and follow the instruction.
Add Google Map into site
You can add a map in the site content via shortcode or php code. Learn more about how to do this here
How to zoom and center the initial map on markers or current user location
There is a few different ways to zoom and centralize map.
The easiest one is to drag the google maps using mouse – “Draggable” option must be enabled, or with pan controller help in live preview. Read more..
To center the map on current user location
- Open “Map Properties” tab in the map settings.
- Scroll down and find “Center on current user location” checkbox.
- Activate the checkbox and save the map settings.
Check the example of the map here
How to show distance between two locations
- Open “Map” tab in the map settings.
- Scroll down and find "Directions Button" checkbox, enable it.
- The new option "Show route data" will appear under "Directions Button" checkbox. Enable it as well and save the settings.
To see how it works on your website, choose any of markers on the map and click “Get Direction” button. Enter the address and choose the required from the list. Click “Go” button. Then click on the route line and you'll see the new window with distance information.
To learn more check this article
Get Free Google Maps Pro version for Translation
All available languages are provided with the Supsystic WordPress location plugin. If your language isn’t available, your plugin will be in English by default.
Available Translations: English, Albanian, Bulgarian, Chinese (Taiwan), Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italiano, Norwegian (Bokm?l), Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish
Translate Google Maps WordPress plugin to your language and get a Premium license for FREE
. Contact us.