Getting started with Google Maps Easy
Step 1: Installing Google Maps Easy by Supsystic
In WordPress, navigate to Plugins > Add New. Search for “Google Maps Easy” and click install. When the installation has completed click “Activate Plugin”. You will have a new admin menu item titled “Google Maps Easy”.
Installing Google Maps Easy PRO
In your personal account on the supsystic.com, you will find a unique download link after purchase. After downloading the file (google-maps-easy.zip), navigate to Plugins > Add New > Upload and upload the file. When the installation has completed, click “Activate Plugin”.
After activation the PRO version, you need to enter license key (you can find it in your personal account on our site). To do this follow next steps:
- Go to the Google Maps Easy in WordPress navigation menu.
- Click License tab on left navigation menu of plugin.
- Enter your email and license key.
- Click “Activate” button.
With Google Maps Easy PRO you have such possibilities as –
- Positioning of Map type, Zoom, Street view and Pan controllers
- Traffic, Transit and Bicycling Layers
- +300 stylization theme for your maps
- Different Markers lists
- Full screen button
Step 2: Creating Google Maps, easy
- On the left navigation menu click “Add Map”.
- Enter the name of map.
- Click “Save Map” button.
Step 3: Customizing the Map
You can change default options of google map as:
- set the map width in pixels or percent;
- set the map height in pixels;
- choose the map stylization (PRO feature) – click “Choose style” button and select your map style, click “Apply” button on style that you like;
- set the map zoom – simply using the mouse wheel or zoom buttons on the map;
- clasterize your markers
- set “Full screen” button on your map (PRO feature)
- set Traffic, Transist and Bicycling layers (PRO feature)
To review all the features go to maps properties.
Don’t forget to press the “Save map” button.
Step 4: Creating/Editing Markers for the Google Maps Easy by Supsystic
- Click “Add New Marker” button – in the center of the map will appear a marker.
- Set the name of marker.
- Set the address of the marker by using the address field or fields with marker coordinates. Or you can just click on a point on the map.
- Click “Save marker” button.
At this point you have the ability to set marker configuration:
- add marker description – besides text, you can attach images, links and videos;
- select the icon for the marker – you can choose it after click “Choose icon” button;
- set the address of the marker – start typing and then choose the address from the list.
Important! One marker may be used on a single map. You can not use 1 marker on two different maps.
After every your action – with google maps easy wordpress plugin, you can immediately see the result in a live preview in the right top corner.
In order to read more about Markers properties go to this page.
Step 5: Export/Import Option
On the left navigation menu click “Maps Import / Export”. Here you can export or import maps and markers.
- To export maps or markers – click “Export” button and “Maps.csv” or “Markers.csv” file will be downloaded on your computer.
- To import maps or markers – you need to click “Import” button and choose the .csv file.
Step 6: Displaying Google Map on the website
You can find the shortcode under map preview.
Copy and paste the shortcode into your post or page and Google Maps Easy plugin will automatically create the map on your page using the settings you choose above.
Important! Shortcode must be inserted in a text editor page, and not in the visual.
You can also specify any avaliable map parameters by adding it manually into shortcode.
[google_map_easy id="2" draggable="0" mouse_wheel_zoom="0" map_type="HYBRID" map_center="1"]
Ratio of parameters and their values are shown in the table below. Any parameter at the same time can receive only one value.
Php code of map is specified under its shortcode.
In general php code can be inserted at any place of the page code – to display exactly in this place, for example in the header or footer of the page. Besides it can be inserted in the code of template of the theme – to display on all pages.