May 20, 2018 at 17:46 #17674
I am using the Video List Flat popup template provided by Supsystic to create a conditional signup to our newsletter.
By this I mean that, after visitors sign up for our newsletter, they gain access to a private page on the website that contains a series of instructional videos.
First question: what is the difference between the “Subscribe” and “Login/Registration” tab??
Which one of those two options should I use for what I am doing??
Right now, I am using the “Subscribe” Tab.
I chose the “Redirect after subscription URL” option, and provided the URL of the page I want to redirect the visitor to so that visitors can
access the private page containing the set of instructional videos that are in restricted acess.
I also checked off both the Open in a new window (tab) and the “Redirect to button URL” options below and neither of those
two redirect options seem to work.
I would appreciate any clarifications you could provide.
Jacques SaprielMay 21, 2018 at 13:08 #17680
Actually, if you use WordPress by default to store your subscribers there, there is no difference between Subscribe and Registration tabs – both of them allows you to store new users in WordPress DB and set them required roles.
But if you don’t want to store your subscribers in WordPress, you can choose many other third party services to store them using our Popup plugin and its Subscribe option: http://prntscr.com/jkkbhk. Registration field doesn’t allow you to do this.
Now, can you explain in more details – what exactly is not working for you now? As I understand – you want to redirect users after pressing Subscribe button to some special page. Is it work now? If no, what happens after you press the subscribe button?
Can you give us a link to a page on your website, where we can test your popup and see the issue with it? Also, it would be great, if you provide us screenshots with your popup settings.May 21, 2018 at 18:09 #17687
Thank you for your fast reply.
So, the flat video popup does record the name & email address of visitors who register through the popup in the WP user database.
I want visitors who register through the Supsystic popup to see a NEW browser tab or window that is the page where visitors can access a set of
instructional videos reserved only to people who registered. << That is not working.
How do I make that happen?
The URL of the private page that contains those instructional videos is: https://californiaclimbingschool.com/ccs-technical-climbing-instructional-video-subscriber-access-only/
Thank you for your help
JacquesMay 21, 2018 at 21:14 #17692
Thank you for providing link to restricted page, which as I understand is a “final destination” after subscribing via your popup.
But can you provide me a link and directions where exactly I can find a popup on your website? Also, it would be great, if you provide us screenshots with your popup settings from admin area. If you are not comfortable with providing details of internal settings on public forum, you can write us via internal contact form and ask Alex (me) for help there.May 21, 2018 at 21:55 #17695
Thank you Alex,
I had turned off the popup so not to annoy visitors.
I just turned it back on. The popup is on the Homepage.
Sending you admin screen captures next.May 21, 2018 at 23:10 #17696
I generated two screen captures of the Supsystic popup “Main” setup screen and of the “Subscribe” setup screen.
How do I send those two screen captures to you?
Thank youMay 22, 2018 at 11:29 #17698
You can upload screenshots to any free image hosting, like screencast, imagebam, imageshack or any other and give us a link to view it.
What I can suggest now without information about popup settings:
1. Redirect to required page is working, because after submitting I was redirected to this page: https://californiaclimbingschool.com/ccs-technical-climbing-instructional-video-subscriber-access-only/ – but access for it is not available.
2. Popup was opened again on this new page – I think you don’t want it there, that’s why I recommend you to configure on what pages to show or not show this popup. Here is a screenshot with required option: http://prntscr.com/jkzwg6.
3. The main issue – why users can’t see the content of redirected URL – they need to confirm the subscription. Only after that they will become subscribers on your website. Possible solution – create subscribers without confirmation – you can configure it here: http://prntscr.com/jl01iy
If this will not help, please contact me via internal support, this way we can configure your popup properly faster.May 22, 2018 at 20:05 #17711
Thank you for your reply.
1. Glad to hear that you saw the instructional video page that is supposed to show up after someone signs to the newsletter.
I do not understand what you mean by “access for it is not available.”??
2. Popup was opened again on this new page. Yes because I had configure the popup to open twice in a single day so that it could be tested.
I changed that configuration so that the popup opens only once/day/visitor.
3. I agree, the main issue is why users can’t see the content of redirected URL??
Actually, I just checked, I did not force visitors to confirm their subscription.
So what is going on?
That is the issue.
Thank you for your help
JacquesMay 22, 2018 at 20:11 #17712
I deleted the two subscriber userid you created on the CaliforniaClimbingSchool.com website
so that you can re-register if you want to.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.