- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 11 months ago by mila_support.
- June 12, 2017 at 19:08 #14338
I have a contact form which contains both a country list and a custom list of contact reasons.
Both have the required box ticked on both
The country list has no default
The custom list has a default of Not selected as there does not appear to be a “no default” option
The business requirement for the contact form is that the user must select which country they are from and select one of the reasons for contact.
Unfortuantely I don’t seem able to achieve this. Is there any way to achieve this goal?
Thanks in advance
JohnJune 15, 2017 at 18:54 #14415
Thank you for contacting us regarding your question!
We will add ability to make one country be chosen by default in one of the next versions of the plugin. I will inform you about the update.
Also, if you made any field required, user will be forced to make a choice in it of fill it in.
Otherwise the Contact Form will not be submitted.
About custom field. You can make one of it’s option be chosen by default – http://prntscr.com/fk4lcj . For this follow the next instruction:
1. Open needed Contact Form Settings
2. Go to Fields Tab
3. Click “Add New Field” and choose Select List
4. Set it’s Name, Label and create some Options (In your cause reasons for contact)
5. One of the options Name insert into “Default value” field
6. Check Required and Click Ok
7. Save changes of your Contact Form
http://prntscr.com/fk4ieiJune 15, 2017 at 19:03 #14416
Sorry I didn’t make myself clear
The problem I have is that I have a country list with no default value (which is what I want), I don’t choose a country and when I press send the form submits when it shouldn’t
We don’t want the form to submit until the user chooses a country. The required flag does not seem to workJune 15, 2017 at 21:46 #14429
We tried to reproduce the issue on our test servers and had no luck with it.
Please provide the page link on your site with the issue.
Thus I can see what’s wrong and try to help you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.