- December 10, 2021 at 10:06 #23327
I am trying to update Data Tables Generator PRO from version 1.7.8 to 1.7.9. The update always fails and I get the message: Update failed: The archive could not be installed. This package does not contain any files. Do you have a solution for this problem ?.
thanks in advanceDecember 13, 2021 at 02:46 #23351
Thank you for contacting us regarding your issue!
We have just checked the bug you are reporting and could not be reproduced.
I recommend that you install the update manually. Uninstall version 1.7.8.
Download the archive with version 1.7.9.
To install PRO version of plugin by Supsystic follow the next steps:
1. Install and activate the latest Free version of the plugin.
2. Download zip archive with PRO version from your personal account on the http://supsystic.com/my-account/my-orders/ – you will find a unique download link after purchase.
3. Navigate to Plugins > Add New > Upload.
4. Upload the archive.
5. When the installation has completed, click “”Activate Plugin””.
6. After activation of the PRO version, you need to enter license key (you can find it in your personal account on our site). To do this follow the next steps:
7. Go to the plugin in WordPress navigation menu.
8. Click License tab on the left navigation menu of plugin.
9. Enter your email and license key.
10. Click “”Activate”” button.”December 16, 2021 at 03:26 #23387
Thank you for your reply.
I think I have the latest version of the free version of Data Tables Generator by Supsystic (1.10.13).
If I uninstall version 1.7.8 of Data Tables Generator PRO by Supsystic to manually install version 1.7.9, isn’t there a risk of my existing table disappearing (more than 4000 rows and with 2000 internal links) ? which I would absolutely not want, even if it means staying at version 1.7.8.
Thank you in advance for your answer.
Didier RivageDecember 16, 2021 at 05:08 #23391
No. You will not lose data.
Also, the safest option would be to replace files via FTP – if you have such access.December 16, 2021 at 10:38 #23397
Thanks a lot,
So I upgraded via FTP and everything seems to work fine.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.