Lots of people are using our Data Table plugin to create large tables with a huge amount of rows. Sometimes it may cause problems with loading such a big table.
Therefore, we have added new option to manage the issue with large data sets. Our Data Table plugin is using server-side processing technology.
Data is uploaded by request by little parts, and search and sorting functions processing is fulfilled on a server.
This option has increased overall speed of big tables loading up to 80 %, what makes huge data tables even more accessible.
A table without server-side processing with thousands rows would typically require 3-4 minutes for loading. Let’s see how it performs with server-side processing enabled. Just try to filter or sort the table.
In order to create Large table with server-side processing:
- On the left navigation menu click “Add new table”.
- Enter the name of table and choose the number of rows and columns.
- Click “Save” button.
- Open “Editor” tab in the table parameters.
- Add data to the table. Most likely, you’d like to import such a large amount of data from a single file, so, we’ll need to use the “Import” button
- Choose your file and wait for it to be imported.
- Open “Settings” tab.
- Select checkbox with Server-Side Processing in Pagination menu of Settings.
- Set other table properties and settings.
Important! After changing the data of table don’t forget to click “Save” button.
Datatables Plugin by Supsystic is perfectly capable to extend table functionality for your WordPress site. Take a closer look at all Data Table Examples for WordPress.
For the additional info, general requirements of this plugin and some other questions, FAQs, forums – check out our main page: WordPress Data Table plugin by Supsystic.