I have a new install of the Popup plugin. I’ve had one popup running for several hours, but I have noticed that the stats say it has gotten only two views—and both of them were me. This is odd to me, because we have a very busy site. It gets a minimum of 60K hits per month and has at least 20 new visitors at any given time.
There are two culprits that I can think of:
1) I bought a single-site PRO license yesterday. I installed the plugin on my staging website, and launched it on my live site today. Both the live and staging sites have the same domains, but different subdomains. I was wondering if a license issue was stopping the plugin from working properly on the live version?
2) Since the popup has activated twice, I have a feeling that the very heavy caching on our site could be the most likely culprit. I have static resource caching through CloudFlare, and also the server caches the site code in memory for a specific length of time (maybe 1 hour). I’m wondering if this caching is actually interfering with the proper functionality of the plugin?
You might also want to know some specifics about the setup of my popup:
* Popup type: HTML
* Active: yes
* When to show: when page loads
* When to stop showing: after user closes
* Show on next pages: all pages
* Whom to show: first-time visitors for 15 days