Almost anyone who has a map with markers on it will eventually end up having those markers overlap. When you zoom it out, these markers all overlap and make the map look messy and crowded or even make interacting with them impossible.
To improve this, Ultimate Mas plugin uses marker clustering, a technique of grouping markers that are close to each other on each zoom level.
Plugin clusters the markers and shows the number of items in each cluster, and as we zoom it adjusts the clusters based on the current view. This not only makes the map easier for the user to understand, it’s also a lot more efficient.
Adding the clustering plugin is extremely simple. Let’s take a look.
In order to create map with clustering you need:
- On the left navigation menu click “New Map”.
- Enter the name of the map.
- Add the number of markers you want.
- On the Markers Clusterization menu pick Base Clusterization.
- Set the Cluster Area Size – the grid size of cluster. The higher the size – the more area of capture the markers to the cluster.
Important! After changing the settings of map plugin don’t forget to click “Save” button.
- Copy and paste the shortcode into your post or page and Ultimate Mas plugin will automatically create the map on your page using the settings you choose above.