With WordPress Google Maps Easy plugin you can create a map with Heatmap Layer (Pro feature). Heatmap is a visualization used to depict the intensity of data at geographical points. The Heatmap Layer will add a colored overlay to your map. Areas of higher intensity will be colored in red, and areas of lower intensity will appear in green.
Heatmap is using points of layer to calculate and display the relative density of the points on the map as a smoothly varying set of colors, from cold (low density) to warm (high density).
Heatmap layer can be used for mapping locations of point objects. They are useful if you have too many points which need to be placed on the map, or many points which are too close to each other, making difficult the distinction. They are well suited for the displaying of layers with a lot of point objects.
Besides you can customize how your heatmap will be rendered with the following heatmap options:
- radius: The radius of influence for each data point, in pixels.
- opacity: The opacity of the heatmap, expressed as a number between 0 and 1.
In order to create Google Map with Heatmap layer you need:
- On the left navigation menu click “New Map”.
- Enter the name of the map.
- Go to “HeatMap Layer” tab.
- To add heatmap layer you need to activate “Add Points” button and draw each point by clicking on map. To remove points you need to activate “Remove Points” button and delete necessary point by click on it or just click on “Delete Heatmap Layer” button to remove all Heatmap Layer points.
Important! You must to deactivate “Add Points” and “Remove Points” buttons after the add / remove points have been finished.
- Besides you can set –
- Radius of points: The radius of influence for each data point, in pixels.
- Opacity of points: The opacity of the heatmap, expressed as a number between 0 and 1.
- Click “Save Heatmap Layer” button.
- Customize other settings of google map.
- Under map live preview you can see the shortcode. Copy and paste the shortcode into your post or page and Google Maps Easy by Supsystic plugin will automatically create the map on your page using the settings you choose above.