Choose the right image gallery format for your website with Fixed Columns Gallery. The grid layout is perfect for quickly searching through a large collection of images, but the fixed columns grid offers you the control of your gallery on different devices.
This type of gallery builds images on page by grid rows/columns and allows you to specify how many columns should be on the page. For example this gallery will show 5 columns for screens with 1200 px, 3 columns – for screens with 768 px and 2 columns for screens with 320 px. Slots for images are stretched as much as possible to fill entire space of gallery. Adjust proportions of images in slots may also be using width and height options in settings of gallery.
In order to create such amazing Fixed Columns Gallery you need:
- On the left navigation menu click “New Gallery”.
- Enter the name of photo gallery and choose Standard template.
- Click “OK” button.
- To add images – click on “Add Images” button.
- Choose images from WordPress Media Library – mark those images that you like or need. If there are no images that you need, click the Upload Files tab – here you can drop files anywhere to upload or select files from your computer.
Important! Images must have an equal size and format (for example, we used 900×500 px), otherwise gallery could not be displayed correctly.
- Click on “Choose Image” button.
- Click “Images List” button. Here you can attach links and video to image.
- Return to the gallery settings by clicking “Properties” button.
- Select gallery type “Fixed Columns” and select numbers of columns on gallery page.
- Set real or approximate width and height of images in grid gallery settings.
- Customize other options of gallery.
Important! After changing the settings of wordpress gallery plugin don’t forget to click “Save” button.
- Over the settings of image grid gallery you can see the shortcode. Copy and paste the shortcode into your post or page and Gallery by Supsystic plugin will automatically create the fixed columns gallery on your page using the settings you choose above.
You can also use “add shortcode” button in wordpress visual editor of the page.
Possibilities of new gallery type you can watch in video tutorial.
Tired of going through thousands of WordPress gallery plugins and got lots of problems with them?
Well, you definitely should find Fixed columns gallery plugin by Supsystic and install it onto your WordPress site. We are sure that it is exactly what you need! You see, it is fully responsive – this means that your Fixed columns gallery will look properly on any device – laptop, cellphone, tablet etc. In addition, Fixed columns gallery is very user-friendly and has simple interface, rather fast and your pictures would download faster that you can imagine. By the way, Fixed columns gallery has all the necessary features that you need to create amazing photo galleries (paginations, lightboxes, themes and caption effects, animation and many more). Need to create a grid gallery from the images you have already? Upload the future fixed columns gallery material from different sources – Facebook, Flickr, Tumblr and other social networks. Your WordPress Images Media Library is also available for using the images.
Fixed Columns Gallery by Supsystic includes lots of marvelous and bright options, which are ready for you! Check more WordPress Gallery Examples and look what you can also create except Fixed columns gallery.
Pay attention that Photo gallery, which is placed on time and in the right part of your page can bring you lots of different clients and constant customers. Advertisement, images and photos should be rich framed – and we suppose that Fixed Columns gallery is this great frame!