How to start with WordPress Contact Form plugin?
One more advantage of Contact Form WordPress Plugin is an easy installation. To install it, you should make three following steps:
- Download Contact Form plugin by Supsystic.
- Upload it to your WordPress plugins directory.
- Activate and enjoy.
Activate your plugin after uploading the archive and navigate to the Contact Form directory on the admin panel. Click on the "Add New Form" tab and customize all the options you have, like Designs, Fields, Submit Options etc. Don't forget to save all your changes and check on the front-end of your site how it works!
Most widespread reasons for Contact Form plugin non-working
If you have some problem with our Supsystic plugins follow our recommendations to rectify typical error:
- One of the typical errors could be nonidentical URLs of WP Adress and Site Adress. Both URLs should be identically with or without “www”. To clarify this, check the configuration of the web-site.
- The errors in other WordPress codes could block the work of our WordPress plugin. The problem would be solved with the correction of the errors in other WP codes not connected with Supsystic plugins. Contact our internal support and we will solve the problem in shortest terms. You may also change the theme with wrong codes or apply to the programmers of your site to correct the errors in the codes.
- The problem could be in the update of WP. Check whether your WP plugin is compatible to our plugin, if it isn’t so contact us.
- Theme script stopped working and by this way it stopped the work of our plugin's scripts. At this case there are two ways out: You apply to the developers of your theme and they should solve the problem or contact our internal support and we will solve it.
- Conflicts with styles of your theme or other plugins are actual. Folow our tips on this link to correct the errors.
- Installing new plugins or updating them, clear each time the cache of your site and browser.
- Use only the latest (updated) versions of our plugins
- If you see white death screen instead of admin area page or could’t reach the site you may follow our tips on this link or contact us.
Read our “FAQs and Documentation
” if you meet any problem, arguably you would find the solution of it there.
Contact Form doesn`t send messages!
The Supsystic team has noticed there is sometimes a big trouble with our Contact Form plugin for WordPress sites. No matter that our plugin is effective in sending and receiving more then 1 million emails every day, when you personally didn’t get it or didn’t send it. Naturally, that the first your thought – plugin Contact Form by Supsystic doesn’t work properly. But wait a little and check this article
, because there are a lot of reasons which can cause such a problem.
Tips for Solving Problems More Faster
We are always trying to help our users as soon as it possible. But we can’t control the other developers. Therefore bad code of other plugins or templates can provoke a lot of problems. We can help you more faster if you’ll try to analyze and describe the problem in more details.
For this, follow the next suggestions. Read more..
What kind of fields does it have?
There are several fields in the Contact Form plugin -
- Text - there you can create fields like Name or Subject, so any, where the user need to enter usual text.
- Email - a special field fo emails only.
- Select Box and Select List - for any options you want to be chosen.
- TextArea - where can be a free content.
- Radiobutton/Radiobutton List - a multiple variants list with a circle type of check mark.
- Checkbox/Checkbox List - a list of options, where the user should confirm something or click the check mark.
- Country List/Country List Multiple - if you want your user to specify their country or several ones.
- Submit Button - by clicking it your user send you a form.
- Reset Button - if you want to give your user and ability to clear all the field by one click.
How to insert the Contact Form to my site?
There are four ways to insert a Contact Form on the page. You can do it using -
- PHP Code
To learn more check Contact Form documentation
How to use field name attribute in Submit Options section?
If you want to add variable information to your message, just use the following items:
- [sitename] – name of your site,
- [siteurl] – URL address of your site,
- [user_FIELD_NAME] – any user field, entered by user, where FIELD_NAME – is name of required field
- [form_data] – only for Message field, it will contain full generated input form data.
You can add any variable from fields that your contact form has into the message on Submit Options tab, just using [user_FIELD_NAME]. But remember that FIELD_NAME should be exactly the same like on your Fields tab settings.
Check more about it here
I get a response 'message body empty'
If you send the message via Contact Form and get in response “message body empty” –
Most likely the problem is in that you have removed all data from Message field in Submit Options.
This Message field contains information which you will receive on email from users. You can edit this field as you want, but it should contain this variable (required) - [form_data] , where form_data - is the user data from your contact form.
Therefore in order to fix the problem - you need to add [form_data] variable to the Message field.
How to show Contact Form in Popup plugin?
Get more info...
- First of all, you need to create the contact form. Choose template and set the required fields. After you save the form, copy the shortcode and go to the Popup plugin page.
- Create a new popup and insert the shortcode to the text block of the Popup plugin by Supsystic (follow the path PopUp->Settings->Design->Text Window). Save your Popup.
Get Free Contact Form Pro version for Translation
All available languages are provided with the Supsystic Contact Form plugin. If your language isn’t available, your plugin will be in English by default.
Available Translations: English, French
Translate Contact Form WordPress plugin in your language and get a Premium license for FREE
. Contact us
to get more information.