Data Tables Generator could be an interesting and easy solution for many people involved in the organization of sports events or championships.
Lots of people like to keep themselves up-to-date with the latest developments in the League. It is possible to see the latest table on many websites, but very often only the historical scores are available and not the standings on that date. With Data Tables you are able to build your own League Points Table to visualise the performance of teams during the season.
In order to create League Points Table using Data Table by Supsystic you need:
- On the left navigation menu click “Add new table”.
- Enter the name of the data table and choose the number of rows and columns.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Open “Editor” tab in the table parameters.
- Add data to the WordPress table.
- Use formulas to calculate points automatically. F.e to calculate”Goal difference” use a formula where “Goals for”(Hx) – “Goals against(Ix)” =SUM(Hx-Ix)
- To add an image:
- select the cell,
- click “Insert Media” button on Editor panel,
- in the opened window find the image or video.
- Choose Media File from Media library or upload file.
- To add link:
- select the cell,
- click “Create a link” button on Editor panel,
- in opened window type the URL link and click “OK” button,
- in the next window type the link text and also click “OK” button.
- Add collapsible rows on front-end to a League Points Table. Select a row and check this icon. First collapsible row becomes the “main” and it will have a control button. Other collapsible rows will be hidden by default, the user may show/hide them by pressing on control button of “main” row. First collapsible row becomes the “main” row with the control button. Other collapsible rows will be hidden by default – a user might show/hide them by pressing on control button of “main” row.
- To enable the searching feature for hidden fields, move to Settings, Feature Tab and mark the necessary option. When a search term is entered, the collapsed rows will automatically expand to show the lines that contain keywords related to that search criteria.
- Enable a Sorting option and select the sorting type in “Descending“. This way, the League Points Table will organize itself by keeping the team with the highest point on the top.
- Set the font, colour and colour background.
- Make design settings in the Appearance tab:
- Borders: (Cell – add a border around all four sides of each cell; Row – add a border only above and under each row)
- Row striping – for example – you use a table, but the table’s rows are difficult to separate visually, especially when there are many columns (or multiple lines to a row) – add row striping to a table. It will display rows background in two similar shades of colour to alternately.
- Highlighting by Mouse-over – enable row highlighting by mouse hover.
- Highlight the order column – the currently sorted column will be highlighted.
- Points tables are usually wide with a lot of columns, choose and enable responsive mode to make sure the table looks good on mobile devices.
- Save all the changes and using a shortcode, add League Points Table into website content.