How to create Google Maps API Key?
Your map suddenly stopped working and you get the following error?
Oops! Something went wrong.
Please check you browser console, if you’ll see such error
This site has exceeded its daily quota for maps. – this article is written for you and required for reading.
Since June 22, 2016 – Google Maps APIs Standard Plan was updated and now it includes follows new rules:
- We no longer support keyless access (any request that doesn’t include an API key). Future product updates are only available for requests made with an API key.
We have already added Google API key for our Google Maps Easy plugin. However since the large number of plugin users, we can simply exceed limits of map loads per day, therefore you may encounter with problem which described above.
In order to protect you from these new limitations, we have added ability to use your own Google API key.
Therefore to avoid this problem, please follow next steps:
- At first you need to create Gmail Account and login to it.
- Then follow this link and click on “GET A KEY” button.
- Choose “Create a project” and agree with Terms of Service. Click the “Agree and continue” button.
- Create browser API key – enter the name for your key and specify website for “Accept requests from these HTTP referrers (web sites)”. If you leave this field blank, requests will be accepted from any referrer. Click on “Create” button.
- After this you will get your Google API key, copy it.
- Go to WordPress admin area of your site -> Google Maps Easy -> Settings. Find the “User API key” field and paste your API key into this field. Please note that Google does not offer an external method of checking the Google Maps API key. Hence we cannot query validation for API key before saving the settings of plugin. Therefore please check your API key more attentively.
To use plugin’s default API key leave this field blank.
Read more about our Google Maps solution and enjoy our Demos. If you’ll face another problem with Google Maps Easy plugin or you’ll have some questions – don’t hesitate to contact us through our internal support. We will be glad to help you.
Or login if you are already registered
The Best WordPress PopUp option plugin to help you gain more subscribers, social followers or advertisement. Responsive pop-ups with friendly options.
Photo Gallery Plugin with a great number of layouts will help you to create quality respectable portfolios and image galleries.
Create and manage beautiful data tables with custom design. No HTML knowledge is required.
Create and manage user profiles and communities with Free Membership WordPress plugin by Supsystic.
Social share buttons to increase social traffic and popularity. Social sharing to Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
Supsystic Newsletter plugin for automatic mailing of your letters. No coding, hard skills or long hours of customizing are required.
It’s never been so easy to create and manage pricing and comparison tables with table builder. Any element of the table can be customise with mouse click.
Display custom Google Maps. Set markers and locations with text, images, categories and links. Customize google map in a simple and intuitive way.
Digital Publication WordPress Plugin by Supsystic for Magazines, Catalogs, Portfolios. Convert images, posts, PDF to the page flip book.