What is «Google Maps Easy»? Actually, it’s our plugin, that displays custom style Google Maps. Set markers and locations with text, images, categories and links. Customization of a standard and dull Google Maps has never been so easy! Let’s try?
Step 1: Installing Google Maps Easy by Supsystic
In WordPress, navigate to Plugins -> Add New. Search for “Google Maps Easy” and click install. When the installation has completed click “Activate Plugin”. You will have a new admin menu item titled “Google Maps Easy”.
Installing Google Maps Easy PRO
In your personal account on the supsystic.com, you will find a unique download link after purchase. After downloading the file (google-maps-easy.zip), navigate to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and upload the file. When the installation has completed, click “Activate Plugin”.
After activation the PRO version, you need to enter license key (you can find it in your personal account on our site). To do this follow next steps:
- Go to the Google Maps Easy in WordPress navigation menu.
- Click License tab on left navigation menu of plugin.
- Enter your email and license key.
- Click “Activate” button.
With Google Maps Easy PRO you have such possibilities as –
- Positioning of Map type, Zoom, Street view and Pan controllers
- Custom map controls
- +300 stylization theme for your maps
- Different Markers lists
- Full screen button
- Print button
- Different figures (highlighted areas right on the map)
- Create Traffic, Transit, Bicycling, Heatmap and KML layers
- Hide POI and Countries Attributes
- Center map on current user location
- Add markers on frontend
Google Maps API Key
After you’ve got your plugin installed, it’s highly recommended to add your own Google Maps API key to settings in order to prevent errors, when page can’t load Google Maps correctly. To avoid this, you should go Google Maps Easy plugin settings and find there “User API key” point. If you already have your API key, then just insert it in form. Otherwise read this article, that explains how to get one.
Step 2: Creating Google Maps, easy
- On the left navigation menu click “Add Map”.
- Enter the name of map.
- Click “Save Map” button.
Step 3: Customizing the Map
You can find Main Settings section on the Map tab. It allows you to establish:
- Map name
- Map width
- Map height
- Control Bars Settings
- Additional Navigation Options
- Info window
Check this page to view detailed information about all this Map options.
Don’t forget to press the “Save map” button after you change the map settings.
After every change the map option – with Google Maps Easy WordPress plugin, you can immediately see the result in a live preview in the right top corner.
Step 4: Creating/Editing Markers for the Google Maps Easy by Supsystic
- Click “Add New Marker” button – in the center of the map will appear a marker.
- Set the name of marker.
- Set the address of the marker by using the address field or fields with marker coordinates. Or you can just click on a point on the map.
- Save marker.
At this point you have the ability to set google maps markers configuration:
- add marker description – besides text, you can attach images, links and videos;
- select the icon for the marker – you can choose it after click “Choose icon” button;
- set the address of the marker – start typing and then choose the address from the list.
Important! One marker may be used on a single map. You can not use 1 marker on two different maps.
In order to read more about Markers properties go to this page.
Also you can create Marker Categories. For this go to Marker Categories tab of Google Maps Easy plugin and here is possible to –
- Add Category
- Edit Category
- Delete Category
- Search and Sort by Title and ID
- Turn pages with categories
- View – select the number of categories on one page
To create new one click Add Category button. In new window you can establish:
- Category Title – type your category name inside the field
- Background Color – tick needed color for marker icon background
- Cluster Icon – Upload Icon you like or back to Default Icon variant for your markers category
To make plugin remember you adjustements, click “Save” new markers category.
When you have created the marker on the Marker Tab, scroll down till you find Markers Category, set the one you created for current marker and click Save Marker button.
Step 5: Export/Import Option
On the left navigation menu click “Maps Import / Export”. Here you can export or import maps and markers.
- To export maps or markers – click “Export” button and “Maps.csv” or “Markers.csv” file will be downloaded on your computer.
- To import maps or markers – you need to click “Import” button and choose the .csv file.
Step 6: Displaying Google Map on the website
You can find the shortcode under map preview.
Important! Shortcode must be inserted in a text editor page, and not in the visual.
Spacious property, offering a magical sea view of the Cap d'Antibes and the Esterel. Including: spacious reception, luxurious kitchen, 3 bedrooms with bathrooms, dressing room.
Ratio of parameters and their values are shown in the table below. Any parameter at the same time can receive only one value.
Php code of map is specified under its shortcode.